Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tapped out

Last night we watched Tapped. It's a documentary about bottled water. About how awful it is for the economy. How it's a terrible use of resources. And it's less healthy than tap water. In fact it IS tap water, but with the added leached cancer causing petrochemicals from the bottles. Styrene and BPA and all sorts of other crap. I already don't buy bottled water, because it's ridiculously expensive. Which, the movie points out a number of times. It's healthier and more economical to use the regulated municipal sources which you already pay for.
This just makes me think about how many other things that we buy packaged for convenience sake that we already have available for free.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about granola bars and oatmeal lately. Gee...I wonder why? lol. It would be so simple to make my own granola bars and save all that packaging. I should look into the cost effectiveness of doing this...

    ReplyDelete