Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CSA

I've been thinking more and more about where we get our vegetables.
There's a new Sunflower Market just down the street, and they have great produce. But as a kid growing up, my family had a HUGE garden. That I hated. I hate weeding. I dislike pickles and tomatoes and mushrooms and lots of things. Not because they're particularly nasty... I'm pretty sure it's just a lingering fear of really hard work in the hot hot Texas sun.
So I've been wishing I didn't live on the second floor... and have zero room to grow plants with very little daylight. However... I've been toying with the idea of a gutter garden/planter boxes. Maybe some herbs...

Okay. Back to reality now. We spend quite a bit of our monthly budget on food in this little household so I've been thinking more about CSA's. I know there are quite a few options in our area. I just have to pick one. I also have to remember that it's worth it.

Because I really do prefer super fresh veggies to store bought. They just ARE better.

No comments:

Post a Comment