Monday, January 3, 2011

Purchasing Fresh

I went shopping while recovering from the holiday madness, and I was amazed at how easily I picked up the fresh veggies I was craving. That's right. Craving!!! I don't usually crave veggies, but the bright colors seduced me into buying almost nothing else.
And while I'm proud of myself for buy vegetables instead of processed food, I find myself wishing I really could buy fresh food. Not food that had been shipped and picked days and days ago. But living here in Utah with my limited resources, at the moment... this is the best I can do. And right now, I'm looking forward to dinner. :)

2 comments:

  1. As it gets warmer, you should join a co-op! There are a lot of great ones near your area, where they pack up a box of seasonal food, and then you pick it up. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really considering doing the Bountiful Baskets...

    ReplyDelete