Friday, January 21, 2011

Water Conservationist Extraordinaire

"I'm going to take a bath." Why don't more people say this? Usually the phrase is something more like, "I'm gonna jump in the shower." or, "I just wanna take a quick shower, I'll be fast." I suppose that showers are a bit speedier, but are we really saving that much time? I mean, unless you're really only spending 5 minutes in the shower, you're probably dumping enough water down the drain to fill 2 bathtubs, maybe more.

I typically spend about 20 minutes-ish in the shower. I decided this morning that, since I had the time, I wanted to take a bath. I realized that I maybe spent about 10 more minutes in the tub than I do in the shower... mostly because soaking in a bath is AMAZING.

Many people may argue that it takes too long to fill up the tub. Sillies. All you have to do is start filling the tub BEFORE you gather whatever else you need for the bath. For those of you who think that sitting in a tub is gross, you are m.i.s.s.i.n.g o.u.t. If you really have a problem with it, run the shower for a minute when you're ready to get out.

I'm telling you, baths are the way to go!

Take a Bath. Save the Planet.

1 comment:

  1. Along time ago I tested the theory that you use more water when you shower. I am one of those people who are "missing out" because I do not like lying naked in a continually cooling puddle of water.
    Maybe it was when I was getting fussed at by my parents for taking 30 minute showers. Anyway, though not accounting for the steam humidifying the bathroom's air(which is good for dry heated air of the house during winter) less water is used with a water saving shower head than taking a bath.
    Just plug the drain and try it out for yourself. If you fill the tub before you are done showering , go down to the hardware store and pick up a water saver shower head. Save the planet...take a shower :)

    ReplyDelete